Wednesday, September 18, 2013

D.I.Y. Quote Pillow

Hi friends. So I have these two pillows, and on one side, they have this nice chevron pattern,
But on the other side, it's just plain, so today I decided to make them more reversible-friendly. 
First thing I did was paint a nice gold heart in the middle of the pillow. Not for any reason other than it was the first thing I thought of and it seemed like a good Idea to me.
Then I went to my Pinterest board that I have for quotes, because the lines on the heart weren't perfect, so I decided to use words to distract from that. I found my quote and used stencils to trace it out in sharpie (thin point sharpie).
Then I colored the letters in using black fabric paint.
Ta-Da!!! So that's what I did today while the baby I watch was snoozing. It took about a half hour from start to finish. I have another pillow with a gold heart already emblazoned on its chest (matching set of clearance pillows), so if anyone has some good ideas for quotes, leave them In the comments! Bye for now!





1 comment: