Monday, November 18, 2013

Home-made Spring Rolls

Hi friends. So, I love spring rolls, and I had a friend who had sucessfully made them in college, so I decided today was my turn.
I bought these spring roll wrappers at my local grocery store in the international food aisle. 
I made some white rice, which I meant to put inside the rolls, but as you'll later see, I totally forgot about it in the first three I made. Embarrassing. 
I cut up avocados, ran a peeler over some carrots, and grabbed some broccolli slaw (minus the dressing, obviously) and grabbed some sprouts. I added a little garlic to the avocados because I love garlic.
I dipped the wrapper in a pan of warm water for about ten seconds, when it was just starting to get a little bendy.
I filled it up with delicious veggies and forgot the rice completely. Sigh, typical Alicia. Anyways, then you have to fold it pretty fast. I wrapped it like so:
Left side over and tighten as much as you can without breaking it, fold in both top and bottom ends securely, roll right side in.
This is the first one I did. It's not very pretty, but I think I did an ok job.
While taking a picture of the first three spring rolls I made, I noticed the untouched rice.
I then made two more just so I could make some with rice. 

These were surprisingly easy to make, and I'm almost positive that they're vegan, so if that's you, eat up, they're super good. You can pretty much put whatever you want in these, the veggies I suggested in the recipie are just the veggies I had in my fridge. Be creative! Have some fun! Ok, happy cooking!








No comments:

Post a Comment