Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Vegetarian, New Year

Hi friends. So, this New Years I decided to make a bit of a change. I've decided to go vegetarian, at least for awhile. I'm going all vegan for the month of January, and then after that I'll be a vegetarian for a whole longer, that part is open-ended, and could go on forever, or maybe just a clear or two. Who knows. I've been inching closer and closer to vegetarian for some time now, and New Years seemed like a good time to make the change.
The reason I'm starting the year off by going full vegan is because of these two ladies, Mariana and Amelia Dal Pra. Amelia has been a vegetarian for most of her life, and is now a full vegan, and Mariana has been a full time vegan for almost a year, maybe more, I'm pretty sure it started as a Lent thing and then she just kept it going. Mariana told me all about her research into why it's healthier to be a vegetarian, more specifically a vegan, so I've decided to convert. 
So Happy New Year everyone! I will still be blogging both vegan/vegetarian and meat-related meals, as James is still an omnivore, so you'll still get a variety of recipe ideas here, I just won't be eating some of them. 
A lot of my vegan recipes will come to me through a book Mariana gave me, called "Part-Time Vegan". It's all very exciting. Ok, we'll stay tuned!


1 comment: