Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter 2013: South Bend Edition

Well friends, I'm very late on my blog post about. Lucky for me, none of you expected it on time. Okay, so here's Easter with the McShanes:
 First things first: Mary Kate can fit in Lady's kennel. I find this rather impressive. James can't and I can a little, but she is full-on in there. That's amazing.
 Ok, so Friday night when we got into town, James had his fantasy baseball draft, so I hung out with Martee, MK, and Sarah. James was in the same room, but not 100% there. We had snackies. It was nice.
 Lunch on Saturday this happened. Isn't that nice? James is learning the guitar and wanted to show his hot new skills to Kevin, who already has skills. I want to frame this and hang it above the hearth. I like it that much.
 Here's James, Kevin, James' dad, Martee, Mary Kate, and Sarah having dinner on Easter Vigil. Here's a question: Why is it called Easter Vigil and Christmas Eve? Why not Christmas Vigil and Easter Eve? These are the things I wonder about when I'm trying to fall asleep.
 Here's me and James on Easter morning in our Easter clothes. I was going to say "in our Easter bonnets", but of course, James made us take our splendid Easter bonnets off for this picture. Something about not wanting the internet to know how much we as a couple love wearing bonnets on holidays. I can't remember the full reason. Anyway...moving on...
 Here's the girls on the couch with their Easter baskets/bags. Sarah's roommate joined us for Easter breakfast.
Here's the organization of the Easter picture that I don't actually have a copy of. I'm sure it looks great. I just like this picture, so I wanted to include it.

The mass we went to on Easter was surprisingly somber. I mean, they technically picked "Easter" type songs to sing, but I was totally unconvinced that the music ministry really actually was happy that Christ is risen. It felt like they kind of regretted having to celebrate. But we saw a lot of friends and we sat with family, so it was still a nice mass.

We also got to play some croquet with Joe and Sarah, the betrothed couple we are friends with. I had an early lead, but I ended up coming in dead last in the end, which just means James and I need to practice playing lots of yard games before we go head to head with those two again. They came in first and second. But yeah, other than getting owned in croquet, we had a really nice time and drank some delicious beers. Fun was had by all.

We also got to have breakfast at some friends' house, and that was made even more exciting because James is going to be the godfather of their new wee babe! That's right, James is Marlon Brando. It's awesome. So that's exciting.

Ok, I promise to blog sooner next time, ok? ok. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment