Friday, April 12, 2013

Fun With Avocados

Ok, so avocados are in season right now so they are super cheap, and that's awesome because they are delicious and so good for you. Here's some of the fun stuff I've done with avocados so far:

1. Black Beans and Avocados: Ok, so I don't have a picture of this one because it doesn't photograph well, but it is delicious. First: cook a chopped onion and some garlic (pressed) in a little olive oil. add a can of rinsed black beans. take off heat and set aside to let cool. Take an avocado (or two if you want the ratio to be more avocado than bean) and cut it into small cubes. Add to mixture with sime finely chopped cilantro and you have yourself a party. Put it in a wrap, serve with tortilla chips, or just eat it straight up. I got this recipe from myself, in that I made it up.

2. Avocado with cottage cheese and bacon:
Do I really need to explain how to make this? Cut an avocado in half, take out the pit, add cottage cheese, sprinkle bacon on top. I got this recipe from my friend Jack. Such a good combo.

3. Avocado Chicken:
Cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts. let cool. cut up an 1/2 onion, finely chop some cilantro, cube 2 avocados and squeeze some lime juice all into the same bowl. Add chicken. Stir. I think I found this recipe online, but I probably changed some stuff. OH, and add some sea salt. That's almost always a good call.

Ok, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment