Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Super Easy & Cute Baby Clothes

Hi friends. My Aunt informed me last weekend that I haven't updated my blog since early March. Sorry about that! We were house hunting, then we were buying a house, and then I went to Medugorje. I'll try to do a blog on the house-buying process and another on the awesomeness that is Medugorje, but for right now, I just want to tell you about making baby clothes. Cool? 

For those of you who are not cool with me moving on to baby clothes, stop reading this. That'll show me. For those of you who are cool with the transition, here we go.

Ok, so as some of you (but certainly not all of you) may know, I really enjoy sewing. As you may or may not also know, I watch two of my girlfriends' kids (2 friends, each with their own child, not twins, that seems to be a confusing point to some people) from time to time or sometimes all week. So, both babes recently turned 1, so I made summer play clothes. I didn't have any patterns, I just traced their own pants for the shorts/ pants patterns and for the girl tops, I honestly just looked at pics on Pinterest. They're nothing too special, but everything is cute when it's little, so I wanted to show the end results.

Here's the little girl's clothes:
Kind of a nautical theme in this outfit. All knitted fabric for stretch. 
The tank top looks tiny, but that's just the angle, and the fact that all the shorts had extra room built in for cloth diapers. 
These don't have a top, but I feel like the blue and white top would go really nicely with them. 
This looks weird laid out flat, but it should look adorable on, and it goes well with the pink shorts.
I also made this dress, but I held it up to her, and I could already tell it was too small. Huge bummer.

Here's the little boy's clothes. They specifically needed shorts:
This is the backside, and those are working pockets, although I can't think of a single reason for a one-year-old to need pockets.
These are supposed to be like those quilted shorts that have been popular in the last 10 or so years. They don't look quite right in this pic, but hopefully they'll look good on. 
Kid of a casual sporty short. Basically the same design as the first shorts for him, except no back pockets.
Another casual pair, thicker t-shirt material, I feel like the drawstring really makes them cute. I was going to add back pockets, but decided one simpler pair might be nice.
My version of baby golf shorts. Woven fabric, workable back pockets, and honestly I'd buy these for James if they sold them in the men's section. Elastic waist makes them baby-friendly.

Ok, so that's it, that's my newest thing. Well, I guess it was my newest thing. Now my new thing is packing for the move. 
I'll update again soon! Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment