Friday, December 6, 2013

Picture Magnets

Hi friends. So awhile ago when I was doing the wedding date wall art (found at http://thefamilymcshane.blogspot.com/2013/10/wedding-date-wall-art.html ) I also made some magnets. Basically, all you need is old pics or other paper items you want to turn into magnets, adhesive of some sort, and some old magnets you get for free from businesses. I mean, you can buy magnetic strips at any craft store, but I like to do things for free.
Kevin Sorg loves referrals. Gosh, who doesn't. The heart on the second magnet is a bit much, but he's a health insurance guy in Indiana, so it's fine. Anyway, these are my magnets. We have different health insurance, so it really don't need these.
Here's some old pictures. They're quite small, but that's alright.
This is photo tape I got a million years ago form my mom when I was into scrapbooking. Ok, not a million years, but at least a decade, maybe more.
Put some tape on the back, and make sure to cover the corners well.
Stick that baby right on top of your magnet. It's ok if you block a website or an email address. Remember, you don't need this magnet, which means you don't need access to that email address, nor that website. The fax number you should stick in your Rolodex, just in case. (Joke).
Cut out your new magnet. I know this is pretty self-explanatory, but I think these are fun, so I wanted to blog about them. I've made some bigger ones with multiple magnets on the back, or ones with extra stuff added on top of the picture, like glitter glue, buttons, stickers, and whatever else. It's pretty fun.
Ok, here's the upper right side of our fridge. See if you can spot two of the magnets I made today. It's like where's Waldo, but not as difficult, nor as fun.
Here's two dogs crammed into one dog bed. This is why we have a larger kennel, because they don't like being alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment