Monday, December 24, 2012

On the Twelfth day of Christmas

 It's Christmas Eve! I actually like Christmas Eve better than Christmas Day, it's when our family has most of our festivities. But before the day gets started, I present to you the Twelfth day of Christmas:
12 of the best Holiday movies of all time!!(In no particular order)
 Is this technically a Christmas movie? No, but it's my favorite movie and I watch it a lot at Christmas because a lot of the film takes place during Christmas time.
 This is a warm, funny, sad, happy, awkward, lovable film. If you haven't seen it, you should.
 This movie was on TV all the time when Emily and I were growing up and we loved it. It's so cheesy, but it's home to me. Plus, I love the song "I believe in Santa Claus". Heart warming.
 Another claymation, a bit better known than the previous film. I just thought this movie was the bees knees as a wee child, so it's gotta be included. Plus, the fact that they claim Mrs. Claus' name is Jessica is really funny to me. It's such a modern name.
 Obviously this is a classic. It's so near and dear to my heart that really I have no way to explain it. I quote Yukon Cornelius all the time and rarely do people get where it's from, but I don't care. It's love.
 Oh, this is such a good movie. Jack Black is charming, Kate Winslet is lovable, Jude Law and Cameron Diaz are just cute. The whole movie is just one big success in my book.
 Ok, this is just a classic. Enough said.
 This is my favorite rendition of "A Christmas Carol". I love Muppets!
 This is, of course, another childhood classic. The original cartoon is so dear to me.
 Have you seen this movie? It's so good. I love movies where they prove Santa is real.
 This is a family favorite for sure. Will Ferrel is hilarious and so lovable. His tights kinda freak me out, though. I wish he wore pants more in the film.
Almost every 90s kid loved "Home Alone". Kid gets left alone for Christmas and fights robbers. Family has terrible time getting back home. McCully Culkin is pegged as kid with this face forever.

I know what some of you out there are thinking: "But Ally! Where's Love Actually? Where's It's A Wonderful Life? Where's Home Alone 2? What about that made-for-TV movie where Whoopi Goldberg ends up being Santa?!?!(spoiler alert!)" Settle down! Those are all great Christmas movies, too. I even consider Meet Me in St, Louis a Christmas movie because of Judy Garland's rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas" but this is the 12th day of Christmas. There just wasn't room. Sorry.

And that concludes the 12 Days of Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment