Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Colorado in October

A month ago, James and I went to Colorado for fall break. We visited my cousin Renee and her family, my dear friend Hannah, and his friends Matt and Matt and their ladies. Here are some snapshots of the trip:
This is Hannah, James and I at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. The combination of mild-to-light hiking, tiredness from our flight, elevation, and my general need to be in better physical condition caused me to breathe rather hard on this lovely little jaunt, but it was really fun. 
This is the view from right near my cousin's house. Beautiful.
This is James wearing a batman mask we found in a vintage clothing and costume shop on Pearl Street in Boulder. Right after this picture was taken, and older gentle-lady asked to buy it and another couple were asked not to take pictures in the shop.
This is a dress made out of tea bag wrappers in the lobby of Celestial Seasonings, my favorite tea company AND the factory we toured while in Boulder, CO. The tours are free and your ticket is a free sample (4 teabags of tea!). Plus, before and after the tour you can taste dozens and dozens of tea flavor, and they sell lots of cool goodies (as well as oodles of tea) in the gift shop. It's a tea-lovers paradise.
This is the smiley face bear pancake Matt H made me. His wife Amy made me a pumpkin latte. They're basically the best custom-made breakfast makers in the state of Colorado. They also hosted a "murder mystery" night with the other Matt and Brandi (not that there are two Brandis, too, but rather, that there are two Matts) with a stunning audio-visual (in the sense that there was a tape and scripts) kit they'd found earlier in the year. There were costumes, accusations, and faux murder plots.

So that was Colorado. Booya.




No comments:

Post a Comment