Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Blue Twig Wreath: Part 1

So I'm an apartment dweller with little to no storage room, but I'm also a woman, a woman who needs to decorate. I like seasonal color schemes and kitschy-made-chic decor. I like spending money at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Goodwill, and Antique Malls. I am Pinterest, hear me roar. Have I painted myself clearly enough?

Ok, so I wanted a wreath to hang and change per season, So i decided to go with a twig wreath, because I figured that would be the easiest to change out every couple months. I decided to paint it light blue just to make it a little more modern.

For my Autumnal design, I layed out ribbons and used a hot glue gun to attach silk fall leaves and sunflowers. The sunflowers were actually yellow silk daisies from my wedding decor, I just painted the center brown with craft paint. Once they dried, i tied the ribbons around the wreath in a pleasing way. easy-peasy.
This is my Christmas version. It was less time-intensive. I wrapped faux pine (the cheap-looking stuff from the Dollar Tree) around one part of my wreath, and then I added a nice thick plaid ribbon from Michael's, some pine cones from James' aunt's backyard, and a fake bird, again from the Dollar Tree.

 I'll add a picture of my next wreath as it comes out. I'm thinking valentines day colors of flowers and ribbons with glittery white snowflakes, but we'll see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment