Friday, November 30, 2012

Mary-Kates Grad party and Sarah and Ally's sneeky pics

So James' wee baby sister, Mary-Kate, who is actually an adult and NOT a wee baby,  graduated from high school last spring. She had a supes cute grad party with her lovely friend Madeline and all was well with the world.
 Uncle Bud, Aunt Pat, Mary-Kate, and Aunt Martee on this, the day of MK's grad party.
 Tables under the tent. I set up some of those chairs. I knew some of you were wondering about that.
 Beverage options. I was really impressed by this for some reason. I took, like, 4 pics of it.
 I don't know why I took this picture. It's a bag full of sandwich buns. I think I was just snap-happy. Look at all these BUNS! WOW! So many!! We have to REMEMBER all the BUNS! Memories fade, but pictures last FOREVER!!! (I'm pretty sure this was my mindset at the time that this picture was taken)
This is their cake. It's pretty cute, too.

Ok, so this was all well and good, but grad parties last, like 5 hours, and their party was no exception. And let's be very clear, I love MK with the love of a thousand Elmos (Elmo has a pure love of the world, in my humble opinion, no matter how annoying "Elmo's World" theme song is), but I knew very few people, and my husband, he is a talker. And not about cool things like how to fake your own death, or what life would be like if we all had tails, rather, he tells new people the same facts about what he's doing now over and over. I mean, I love him with the love of even more Elmos, but I have a limit to how long I'll stand next to him while he does this.
So then I realized that James' other sister Sarah was looking bored, too... and she and I started goofing around with the camera. We call it "reverse photo-bomb". It's where you try to get in close next to a person and take a picture with them without them noticing. Here is a sample of our day's work at MK's grad party.
 Our first victim was Aunt Martee. It made us giggle so much that we decided to try it on more people. And thus, the afternoon was actually pretty fun. If you were at said grad party, look for yourself in the pictures! Think of it as a fun "Where's Waldo".
 This woman was talking to a person right behind me, allowing me this great shot.
 Seemingly unaware. Also, below is Sarah reverse photo-bombing her grandfather. Love the expression.
This is one of my favorites from the day. Yeah, that table had no idea! Also, look! some of the buns are in the bowl now! Yay!
 My husband telling something to this person, who doesn't understand why Sarah is standing that close to them.
 Yay! dessert table reverse photo-bomb!
 I'm sorry if no one else thinks these are funny, but they still make me laugh.
 Op! there she is in the back. and the blond girl in the back behind her is Madeline, whose grad party this also was. What a terrible way to phrase that sentence. Sorry. it was her party, too. That wasn't much better, but I think we can move on, now.
 
Don't be fooled, she was not part of this conversation.

So that was MK's grad party. And that's why I'm glad we brought our camera.

2 comments:

  1. brilliant. absolutely brilliant way to use up time without those same conversations. I say next we dance behind people without them knowing. or plan other daring exploits of an evening. brilliant I say.

    ReplyDelete