Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Dream Come True Birthday

Ok friends, so here's the situation, I just got the best birthday present ever. Remember the Napsack by Poler? From this post? Well, some awesome friends of mine (Kathryn and Kristin Elliott, Katie Maslow, Karen Coleman, Anne Varevice, Anna Hagens, and Cara Vermett) pooled their money and got me one for my birthday! This post is a month late because James realized I'd need a longer size when he got it in the mail, and had to go through the whole exchange process. I got it in the mail yesterday. And except for when I went to work, I haven't taken it off. Comfiest sleep ever, by the way. So here's a pictorial guide of the Napsack's finest features.
 Ok, so on both sides, there's a side zipper, making it easy to switch from sleeveless sleeping bag to normal sleeping bag with ease.
 You just upzip it annddd.........
 Ta-Da! Arms! Easy, and fun!
 The bottom is normally left open, but there's a drawstring in case you want to close it up and sleep and or hop about like you'd do in a normal sleeping bag.
 Oh no! It's miserably cold! Oh! But I have a hood, and it has these nice little tie things.
Ta-Da! Warmth! Look how warm it can be. Eh? Eh?
Also, the front zipper goes down a log ways, making it easy to climb in and out, and, as my friend Dan pointed out on twitter, it's reversible!
A couple of other fun facts about the Napsack:
It is a little difficult to frolic in. Apparently the process of trying is "not as good looking as it probably feels" to quote my husband (the guy behind the camera).
 So, yeah, he's right. It looks downright uncomfortable, but it felt awesome, so I really don't care.
 Here's me trying to jump. So, very useful for a lot of things, just not always very elegant looking.
 But come on, it's so cozy. I slept in it last night. It was amazing. I'm bringing it to the women's retreat, and for all you out there who will be at said retreat, I will be wearing the Napsack. Probably not to talks or meals, but definitely in my free time and in and around my cabin. So much comfort!
Last pic. So happy. So yes, a special thanks to all my girls who allowed my birthday wish to come true. I am so excited and I hope someday everyone can feel the excitement of the Napsack.

3 comments:

  1. You are a walking, jumping and leaping Napsack commercial! :) Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying it on this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!! I hope having the right size was worth the wait. I can't wait to see you in it sometime!

    ReplyDelete