Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day One: Myrtle Beach

Hi friends. So, as an early Valentine's Day present, and because we have MLK#2 day off, James decided to take me and Lady to Myrtle Beach for the long weekend. We're staying at a hotel right on the beach; we can watch the waves roll in from our balcony. Here's a rub-down of what we did on Saturday.

Ok, well, it's important to remember that we drove through the night to get here. We got in at 8 o'clock in the morning, just missing the sunrise (the Smokey Mountains took longer to drive through due to some fog). It was only about 36 degrees Fahrenheit (It since warmed up into the 60s and is staying warm through our time here), but we decided we wanted to sit on the beach before we went up to our room.
 Here's James and Lady exploring the beach.
 Lady and I snuggled on the blanket. We sat on an old quilt I bought from the St. John's garage sale for 2 bucks and covered our legs up with an old blanket from Dinkytown.
 James cannot get warm. Poor guy.
 These are the curtains in our room. I love them. They are the perfect combination of colorful and tacky. I can't explain it. It's just love.
 This time we let Lady go in the ocean. She is kinda freaked out by waves, an the water is pretty cold, but she's curious enough to make a go for it.
 James and Lady on the beach in front of our resort. Saturday was cooler, in the low 60s and windy, but it was still really fun to be out on the waterfront.
 This is where we had dinner on Saturday night. I highly recommend it. First, the service was great. Second, our waiter reminded us so much of a friend of ours that we couldn't believe it. Third, the food was good, Happy Hour prices were exceptional, and I got to try the house shot (oyster shot) for free. It was like a Bloody Mary as a shot, but with an oyster on the bottom. Oysters taste like how the ocean smells (in a good way), but the texture is a little iffy.
 We found an old school arcade near/on the boardwalk. It was closing in 20 minutes so we only played a few games, but it was so fun! P.S. I'm terrible at skeeball. Like, I still won tickets, but I never got 50 or 100 buckets. Yikes.
 Creepy mannequin that tells fortunes for 25 cents. There's 2 of these in the arcade, but the other one looked less creepy (she was younger and had a kitty and a crystal ball), so I went for the older gentlewoman with the eerie pointing and cards.
When you put in a quarter, she moves and points to new cards and then a card come out on the bottom with your fortune. Apparently I'm about to reunite with someone close to me and someone near to me is about to take advantage of me. Yikes. Haha. I think those things are so funny. Please, no one believe in them, ok? Ok, sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment