Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pecan Pie made easy

Hi friends. So, for thanksgiving this year, I made pecan pies. It was a super easy recipie which I revised a bit and it turned out great, so I thought I'd share it. 
Ok, for pie crust, I used 1 1/4 cup of flour, 1 Tb of sugar, 2 tsp of cinnamon (mix that all in), a stick of cold butter (small pieces, mixed in really well), and some cold water, only a little, just before it's too sticky. Probably about 2 Tb. Then I made my filling.
For filling:
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
5Tb melted butter
1cup brown sugar
1teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs, beaten
4 cups pecans
Cinnamon (a shake or two)
Makes enough for two pies

First I melted 5Tb of butter in the microwave. Then I stirred in the light corn syrup, which I had left over from the peanut butter popcorn, then I added 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir stir stir.
It looks like this. Then add the vanilla, stirring well before adding the eggs. Stir well again. Stirring is super important, like Marissa on the OC. If you don't stir, then your plot falls apart and no one cares about your show anymore, even if stirring has a sister with weird eyebrows. I digress.
Stick a bunch of pecans in your pie dish, which you've already lined having separated the pie dough you made earlier in half. I spread it in there by pushing it in with my fingers because I didn't feel like making more dishes for my husband with the rolling pin and the cutting board and all that noise.
Plus, he was asleep, and so was this little dog, so I mean, why would I not just....oh, ok, you know what, this is not part of the pie recipie...I'm sorry, it's snowing and I'm just too excited to stay on topic. Stick 2 cups of pecans into each (2) pie dish, arrange them so they're flat. 
Pour your mixture over the pecans. The pecans will float, but do not panic. Pecans are buoyant, unlike the OC once they killed off Marissa. That show sank so fast....anyway...
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Ours took 50. Also, I always put cookie sheets on the rack under my pies so the drippings don't get on the oven floor, and I covered my pies for all but the last 10 minutes or so, so the pecans and the crust wouldn't burn. 
Finished product. 
It's snowing! It's supposed to snow all day! I'm so excited! Ok, have a lovely day and happy baking!






No comments:

Post a Comment