Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New House

Hi friends! This is going to be a quick update because I'm typing it on my phone and we have so much we're doing right now. 
We own this house! Our offer was accepted in early April, but the sellers wanted a June closing date and that was done with us, so we just closed on Monday. 

Here's the house's story:
Built in I believe 1958 and owned by the same couple until a few years ago. The lady we bought it from walked into a house that hadn't been remodeled since the 60s. She did a ton of work on the house and kept it in good condition.

However, she had two cats with what I can only guess is a bladder disorder. Cat pee was soaked (SOAKED) into every room with carpet. Luckily the main floor is a mix of hardwood and tile, and the basement carpet (which was by far the worst) was removed before we closed, but the upstairs bedrooms and hallway were carpeted. James and I are both allergic to cats, so on the day we removed the carpet both my ankles puffed up like marshmallows in the microwave and both James eyes turned red. Under the carpet is hardwoods, so now our job is to remove all the black cat pee stains, sand it, and refinish it. 

We actually have several things going right now. I'm going around the house and priming some of the woodwork and the fireplace that's been painted jet black. Too dark for my taste. Anyway...

I'll blog about our different projects as they get finished, but I just wanted to update this blog quickly. Ok, bye!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing! Congrats on the purchase and I hope all the work goes well for you! Sounds like an Action trip!

    ReplyDelete