Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ipad, you pad, they pad, thon pad

After many months of saving my babysitting money (yes, I know it sounds like I'm 14 when I say that, but babysitting is fun and it gives me something to do when James is tutoring or working) I have finally saved enough for an ipad mini. She doesn't have a name, but she is a she. Obviously everyone knows what an ipad looks like, but here's the pattern I found for the cover:
Very pink, very pretty, no one is surprised. So anyway, that's what I've been doing all last night and some of this morning. The thing that I find so fitting about it is that now I have something to do when the kids I babysit go to sleep. Plus, I found a super cool Alphabet game that I might use when we're low on number in the wombat room. Sometimes on Fridays I'm down to two kids, and it can be pretty boring because those two kids are both bilingual, with English as their #2 language, so when it's just them, they'll usually go off and play in Korean and I get bored. But this way, we could learn letters and the sounds those letters make! I realize this sounds a little crazy, and I will obviously let the kids go play and enjoy themselves, too, but this way we could learn. I love learning. And I wouldn't be bored. I love not being bored.

Here's a picture of Lady I did on Instagram:
Lady perches on the edge of the couch and looks out the window when I leave the blinds open. Occasionally she growls at nothing. She's a creative genius. 

Here's a collage I did on this other app that I forgot the name of, but it's also pretty sweet:
Stuff in our living room. I'm not sure I've ever shown the chalkboard on the blog before. It was a lackluster painting of the ocean in a gaudy fake-gold frame. I added chalkboard paint and now I think it's pretty cool. I change what's on the board based on holidays or other goings-on. Fun stuff.

If anyone has cool apps you think I'd like, or you know how to follow people on Instagram, hook me up. My user name is aliciamcshane because I'm super creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment