Saturday, March 2, 2013

D.I.Y. infinity scarf and the coolest tree house ever

Hi friends! Ok, so I was driving home from the airport on Wednesday and I saw the coolest tree house.

It's on Indiana's 67, on the right side of the road going away from the airport. I saw it, found a u-turn place up the road a little, and drove back around just to look at it again. Isn't it cool? I mean, who knows if it's still functional, but it looks awesome. I love a good tree house.

Anyway, this entry promises a D.I.Y. infinity scarf. Here's the truth, any scarf you own (so long as it's not square, obviously) could be an infinity scarf if you just sew the two ends together.

Basically, I was out on the other side of town (this is all still in Bloomington, IN for the record), and I decided to pop into the Dollar Tree over there. Now, the only reason I did this is because we live near a rather small and run-down Dollar Tree, and the one across town is much larger and looks a lot less like a place you're likely to be murdered. All good things. Anyway, I'm in there and there's these cheapy scarves for spring weather and I think to myself "Hey Al-Pal, these are dirt cheap. You should just buy a few and try your infinity scarf idea out on these, because if it's a fail, you're only out three bucks plus tax, because this state taxes clothing...sigh..." Ok, so that's what I did and it turned out great.
Yay, I bought 3 scarves, I sewed the ends together and made one looooooooooong scarf, and then I sewed those two ends together and made a huge-o circle. Now it's just a matter of wrapping it around a handful of times and I've got myself a nice (and super thrifty) infinity scarf. Bam.

Some of you may be thinking "Hey Al, your pictures are less terrible, what's the deal?" Well, my rude friend, there is a nicer way to say that. You could have just asked me nicely how my pictures got better looking. Just saying. Also, it's all a lie. They are not better pictures, I, like a lot of America, am lying about my abilities and I'm just using Instagram. Here's my page:
http://instagram.com/aliciamcshane/
I love it. It turns mundane pictures into less mundane pictures. Man alive.
Ok, have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment