Monday, October 21, 2013

Tarragon Chicken Salad

Hi friends. Ok, so this is the best way to eat leftover chicken. I know I just posted a chicken soup recipe (which was also a wonderful way to use leftover chicken everything), but I love sandwiches and salads, so this is my all-time favorite, plus I still had chicken left over even after the soup! 
Here are your main ingredients. 
1 cup chicken
1/4 cup sliced almonds 
1/4 cup craisins
1 1/2 tsp tarragon 
1 Tbsp red onions finely chopped. ( obviously, I didn't have a red onion, so I supplemented a yellow onion. It doesn't ruin the flavor if you have to supplement)

Add about a tablespoon of fat free mayo and a squeeze of lemon juice to your above five ingredients. Mix mix mix it all up, add a little more mayo if you like having more mayo in your salads, no judgment here, and then salt and pepper to taste.
If you eat it on a sandwich or in a wrap, add lettuce and tomatoes. I put it atop some mixed greens and added some cherry tomatoes.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment