Monday, December 17, 2012

Axis & Allies

So today was a nice day. Here's how. James and his fellow math grad students had nothing to do and I am getting closer and closer to no longer being sick. So we decided to play Axis and Allies.
Here's the board as it started out. I was Russia, Neil was Germany, Derek was Great Britain, David was Japan, and James was the United States. My job was to try to die as slowly as possible.
Here's the game part of the way through. As it turns out, haveing 2 out of the 3 Allied Forces be newbies at the game kinda makes it hard. Plus, Neil and David shouldn't ever get to be on the same team.
This is Derek, Neil, and David. Military strategy was not my strong point today; my head still feels kinda fuzzy from some of the meds I've taken to try to speed this whole healing process up.
Please keep in mind that I took all these pictures with my phone camera, and I do not have a very nice phone. Anyway, the Axis Powers won and we're all very sorry about that. I really like the game though. It's more involved than Risk, so it's more work to learn and it takes more time, but it's a better replica of war and it's really cool once you get the hang of it. Plus, Australia isn't that important, which is true of actual World Wars, so I feel pretty good about that, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment