Friday, December 21, 2012

On the Tenth day of Christmas

Hi friends. I'm back. Sorry. We were traveling to Illinois to see the Dal Pras and the Vermetts and then home to MN for Christmas.
Here's us with Autumn and Lady. Please note Lady's cute sweater from Cara. Autumn and Lady have a true and beautiful friendship, almost identical to the friendship between Cara and I. Cara reaches for me and giggles when I lick her hands, just like Autumn does for Lady.

Anyway, on the 10th day of Christmas I made 10 salt dough ornaments.
I made a salt dough recipe that I found on Pinterest and had Lady press her paw down into the rolled-out dough. Then I fit a heart-shaped cookie cutter around it and made the hole with a straw.
I also made some shaped like stars and tried to make fancy designs in them. haha. fail.

So I painted them with regular craft paint. I don't know why I chose these colors, I just did. Once they were dry, I painted the backs the same colors.
Once they were dry, I painted gold and goldish-silverish paint all over them in fun patterns. Not the most glamorous, but they were fun to make so who cares.

Now that I'm home in my MN home, I'm delighted to report that my mom is the cutest. Here's some of her Christmas decor. She is so creative.
 This I think is so classy. A glass cylindrical vase full of little gold ornaments. Evergreens on either side. Nailed it!
 We still have to get a stocking for James, but Lady's is up and already stuffed full of goodies.
And our tree. I love Christmas in Minnesota.



No comments:

Post a Comment