Friday, December 28, 2012

D.I.Y. Christmas

This year I was very impressed by some of the home-made Christmas gifts I saw. Here's a sampling of the creativity that surrounds me:
 Emily made this. It's a wine bottle from our family trip to California/Nevada last summer for our cousin's wedding. It's got twinkle lights in it. Here's what it looks like plugged in.
 She made one for me and one for my mom. I just think it's so creative.
 This is the deer head James made for his sister Mary-Kate. It's just like the blue on I have in our house, except it's plaid instead of all one color. He did all the cutting out of the foam board (which is a royal pain, so kudos James) and he did most of the plaid pattern. I helped him a little at first, but I had a dentist appointment and when I came back, he had finished.
 This is an embroidered handkerchief that Anna made me. It's the color of thread from our wedding and the sunflowers, which are my favorite flower. I'm going to spritz perfume on it and keep it in my pocketbook like a true lady.
 This is my only attempt at creativity this year. All I did was add the letters. Wah wahhh.
My friend Mags made this for me. It includes Celestial Seasonings tea and Target brand tea (yay!) and Emergen-C for all the colds I'm sure to keep getting while I'm working at the day care. Plus a whole box of Sleepytime Sinus Soother, which is clutch. Plus O can re-use the clothespin wreath for other things after I've had all the tea, so that's fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment