Saturday, December 22, 2012

On the Eleventh day of Christmas

On the Eleventh day of Christmas, I listened to in no particular order 11 Christmas Albums! Here are some of my favorite Christmas albums in no particular order:
This is an album I got from my Aunt Bobbi's house. It includes the music from beloved artists such as Evlis Presley and Julie Andrews. One of my favorite Christmas records.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Good stuff. This cd includes the song from the famous light-up-rythmically Christmas house. You know what I mean. This thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks
This isn't what the front of this album looks like, but someone in my family (maybe me...) lost it...so all you get to see is the cd. Not exciting. This is Chris Rice's "Living Room Sessions" in which he sits down to the piano and plays a bunch of Christmas songs on the piano. It's lovely. No words, just great piano music.
I have a couple different "NOW" Christmas albums. The new stuff is usually 50/50, with half of it being pretty good and half of it being terrible, but the second cd of all the old classics is always worth it.
Relient K was my fave band in high school, and their Christmas album numbers among my favorites for good reason. They are the only group that I know of who goes through the 12 days of Christmas, which is, of course, my favorite Christmas song. And they do it oh so well. And the rest of the Songs they do are great as well. The whole cd is golden.
This is another record I got from my Aunt Bobbi's house. It is choice. That's all I can say. Great old-fashioned Christmas feel. Lovely all around.
Taylor Swift! I'm such a fan, but the reason I included this short, six song cd is because of song number 4. Her version of Silent Night rings out like a prayer. It's the most worship-filled version of that classic song. I love it.
I love Phineas and Ferb. I loved their Holiday episode. I love this Christmas cd. There's a song about Perry the platypus that I think is just cute. Anyway, it's goofy, but I think this album is a winner.
Michael Buble Christmas is so lovely. All the charm of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, but with a modern twist. Love it.
I love this movie. Burl Ives has such a warm, happy tone of voice, and all the elves are so funny. All the songs from the motion picture are on this album and I think maybe one or two extras. If you're a Rudolph fan, it's totally worth your while.
This is my all-time FAVORITE Christmas album. It just isn't Christmas with out Amy Grant's "Home for Christmas". This is the Christmas music that we grew up on. It's so pretty and homey and wonderful. The merriest Christmas album of all.










1 comment:

  1. FIVE! GOLDEN! RIIINNNGGGSS!!! (Punk rockin'!!!) It's been years since I've listened to that Amy Grant album, but I'm sure I know all the songs if I did come across a copy. And I used to have a copy of that Chris Rice album at one point too, I think.....

    ReplyDelete