Sunday, December 9, 2012

On the Sixth Day of Christmas

On the sixth day of Christmas, a kid at the day care I work at gave to me my sixth cold since moving to Indiana. I am sick, and this might be the worst go of it I've had so far.
So now, since James is at school all day today tutoring, I'm staying home and trying to get better before the week starts and I have to go back to work. I don't like being sick around my class because I feel like I'm not as "on my game" as normal.
I made myself some chicken noodle soup. Everyone knows chicken soup is supposed to make you feel better. Unfortunately, I can't taste anything, so that was a bummer.
James went out this morning and got me oranges and clementines. He is the best.
Lady has been my companion. She's still recovering from her surgery, so she's been next to me on the couch all day. The pain meds she's on make her more subdued.
These are my favorite socks. They're fleece socks from the Dollar Tree last winter. They are so cozy. I keep going back and looking to see if they have anymore like them coming in, but so far, no dice. Also, that's the movie "A Room With A View" in the background. It's very strange, but very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment