Sunday, December 16, 2012

On the Ninth day of Christmas

Hi friends. On the ninth day of Christmas, my husband and I casually noticed 9 animals in our manger scene.
James got this manger scene as a gift from his confirmation sponsors. I added the T-rex set. I also plan on adding quite a few sheep, as it has always bothered me how few sheep manger scenes tend to have. More shepherds, too, probably.
Here's the donkey checking out Jesus, the 2 sheep (well, the ram and the lamb...rhyming!) and the kissing camels. I mean no disrespect, we were just playing with the manger scene and I like making things kiss. My salt and pepper shakers are always set up to look like their kissing. see:
Smootchie frogs. Anyway, back to the manger scene. I do like that they have the correct number of camels. That is sadly rare.
One last thing: Look how angry Joesph is! Why would you make a figurine of Joesph look so mad. JOE IS PISSED! I mean, come on, I know he just traveled a long way and he's pooped and he just watched his wife give birth in a dirty stable, but COME ON, it's JESUS! The dinos have the right idea, they're happy! They're throwing their heads back in praise and singing, You can just tell. I kinda wanna get a different Joesph and call this young gentleman "the innkeeper". Is that so wrong?





2 comments:

  1. Wow. I have never seen such a Joseph. What happened to his advent? Good grief! He could not make a better innkeeper indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that last paragraph so perfectly described innkeeper Joseph and jolly joyful t-Rex's. what's with the folded arms and dark look? at least hold a staff man! looking at his son with that expression makes it seem like he's jealous. 'Mary's all focused on him now, huh? what about the guy who lead the donkey all the way here huh? harrumph.' yep. not the Joseph I respect.

    ReplyDelete