Monday, December 3, 2012

On the Second Day of Christmas

Well, this one is admittedly kind of lame, but the second day of Christmas is represented by these lovely two Christmas hand towels.
Nothing says classy like a Christmas goose towel in the bathroom, I'll tell you that. These are from my parent's house in MN. I grabbed them when I was up there a bit before Thanksgiving. They are the finest money could buy in the early 1990s, I'm sure. I tried to make this picture look as pale as possible, and it was not that hard, let me tell you. The bathroom in our apartment is small, white, and in need of a serious facelift. Far too much work for 2 little 90s towels to take on their own. There is one bit of color, however, and that's the heater, which the girls before painted:
Someone please explain to me how these little circles and that flower are worth losing your deposit over. It's all very strange.
Anyway, for me, seasonal hand towels kind of felt the height of holiday sophistication as a youth, so I've got some this year in honor of Ally-o-the past. I'm sure she's just giddy at the thought of them. (I was a very cool kid. Others marveled at my impeccable taste and class).


2 comments:

  1. It's true that hand towels speak to the holiday spirit. Our bathroom sports 4 Dollar Tree finger towels...because you have to use at least two of them to leave the bathroom with only slightly...and maybe dripping....hands. But it's so worth it and totally classy. And besides, they are actually embroidered!

    ReplyDelete