Wednesday, December 5, 2012

On the Third Day of Christmas

Alright, let's be real here. Our dog is a huge pansy. Don't get me wrong, she's really cute and we love her dearly, but if it's lower than 50 degrees (Fahrenheit) out, she's got the shivery shakes. She's a wuss.
So, because of that, she has a a few things I've gotten her to keep her warm.
We made a couple sweatshirts (Mighty Ducks District 5 & Xavier Basketball), but I wanted her to have something really warm. And that's where the trouble started.
The first one we got her is the farthest to the right. The plaid vest kept her warm and it was cute and affordable. It was, like, 10 bucks at Target. No more shivers. Well, then about an month later I was in the Target Dollar section, minding my own sweet business when I saw a big section of dog sweaters. 3 bucks. I of course thought it would be cute for her to have a Christmas sweater, so then there was two.

Well...ok, so the first sweatshirt I made her was a failure, it didn't fit right at all (first attempts rarely do), but it was her Green Bay Packers sweatshirt, and it pained me to think that she didn't have one. Yes, I am a crazy Packers lady. It's in my blood. So I was at PetSmart, and all these faux North Face for dogs-type fleeces are on sale for 6 bucks. So yeah, I went overboard. I got her another one. I added gold lettering. I admitted it to my husband, feeling shame, but not regret. For now, Lady's 3 warm jackets are our third day of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment